The Pro Cathedral or St Brigid’s Church was built in about 1740 and altered in 1787. A font dating to 1780 can be seen at this site. It was the parish church before St Brendan’s Cathedral was built. In 1836, Loughrea- born Fr Anthony Fahy, an Irish Missionary in Argentina and friend of Admiral Browne, was its rector. The Pro Cathedral is now a funeral parlour. Kilboy’s Funeral Directors was established by Patrick Kilboy on 3 September 1903.
08. PRO CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL / ST BRIGID’S CHURCH