Civil Parish: Ballindoon
Church Parish: Clifden
District Electoral Division: Errislannan
Area: 549.80 acres / 549 acres, 3 roods, 7 perches
1911 Census for Boolagare (no records)
1901 Census for Boolagare (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Boolagare (no records)
The owner of this townland was Valentine O’C Blake and he had 461acres and 3 roods of land with an annual ratable valuation of £2 15s and there were also 81 acres, 1 rood and 27 perches of water in the townland.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Ballenloobye. The 1641 owner was the Catholic, Loughlin O’Loy (sic) and in 1670 the owner was the Catholic Edward Geoghegan. There were 18 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 1 plantation acre of profitable land and 1 plantation acre was forfeited.