Civil Parish: Ballindoon
Church Parish: Clifden
District Electoral Division: Bunowen
Poor Law Union: No Records
Area: 137.03 acres / 137 acres, 0 roods, 4 perches
1911 Census for Shannanagower (no records)
1901 Census for Shannanagower (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Shannagower (no records)
Patrick Gorham and John King jointly leased a herd’s house on 136 acres, 3 roods and 5 perches of land for £2 15s for the land and 5s for the herd’s house. There were 3 acres and 20 perches of water in the townland.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Shanalaght. The 1641 owner was Edmund O’Loy [sic], a Catholic and in 1670 the owner was the Catholic, Edward Geoghegan. There were 15 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 1 plantation acre of profitable land and 1 plantation acre was forfeited.