Drumhogan is situated in the civil parish of Abbeygormacan, barony of Longford, Co Galway. It was bounded on the north by Drimeyre, on the east by Kuilebeg, on the west by part of Drimeyre and Drimatubber and on the south by Boularoe.
O’Donovan’s Field Name Books gives one other spelling of this townland: Druim Hogan.
Down Survey map under the name ‘Dromlisnepislye’ shows that John Blake FitzRobert, a catholic owned the land in 1641. Hugh O’Hogan, a catholic owned it in 1670. It states there were 30 plantation acres of unprofitable land. There were 259 plantation acres of profitable land and 259 plantation acres of forfeited land.
There was 1 house in Drumhogan in 1901. There were 3 residents in total: 1 was male and 2 were female.
Margaret Keane (50), a widow was the head of household. She worked as a herd. She had 2 unmarried children. Edward (30) was listed as a herd. Margaret (18) had no occupation listed. They could read and write. Margaret (50) could not read. They lived in a 3rd class house with 2 rooms, 2 front windows and 3 outhouses. The census taken on the 12th of April 1901 showed that the house was built as a private dwelling. The walls were built with stone, brick or concrete. The roof was made with perishable material. John Briscoe owned the land the house was situated on.
There was no record of anyone living in Drumhogan in 1911.