14. Saint Jarlath’s ‘Old College’
This cottage was built in 1797 for John Bermingham of Dalgan as a townhouse known as “Bermingham’s Fancy”.It became Ffrenche’s Bank upon Bermigham’s death in 1804. In 1814 after the collapse of the bank which operated on the back of the Napoleonic Wars, Archbishop Dillon bought it. In 1817 Saint Jarlath’s College transferred to this site, with Father Oliver Kelly as its first President
This page was added on 04/03/2018.
Add a comment about this page