20. Presentation Convent
The Convent was established in 1835 and a new premise was added in 1849 alongside a later Convent chapel in 1855. The Convent was extended again in 1927. The Presentation Convent School adjacent to the convent opened in 1855 to accommodate an average of three hundred girls. Girls transferred from the Christian Brother’s in 1837 and later pupils entered a new building in 1853. Primary School girls transferred to new building in 1956. Secondary girls transferred to new premises at Currylea in 1972.
 J.A. Claffey, Irish historic towns atlas no. 20, (Dublin, 2009), p. 18.
This page was added on 03/05/2018.
Add a comment about this page