34. Tuam Town Hall
In 1857 the Town Hall was built on a site donated by the Hancock family. It was restored and extended in 1884. After an ambush on 19 July 1920 in the townland of Gallagh on the Dunmore Road when two RIC officers were killed, the Black & Tans rioted and burnt the Town Hall. The building was gutted by the fire but restored in 1926.
 M. Laheen, The construction of Tuam town hall ans aspects of its chequered history, (Galway, 2002), p.174.