40. The County Council Area Office and Library opened in 2009
This was the site of a yeomanry barracks established in 1778. It was converted to Tuam free school in 1816 and acted as an auxiliary workhouse for women and men 1846-49. Further uses were made of the building including a saw mill in late the nineteenth century to the mid-1920s. The site was in commercial use until c.2003 and demolished in 2007.
 Ibid, p.13.