Civil Parish: Omey
Church Parish: Clifden
District Electoral Division: Sillerna
Area: 101.32 acres / 101 acres, 1 rood, 11 perches
1911 Census for Cloon (no records)
1901 Census for Cloon (no records)
Winifred Coyne – Application No. C/16 4359. Ref. No. Cen S/11/438. The application was received on 26th July 1916 with an address of The secy [sic] L.G.B. Edinburgh. Winifred’s parents were given as being Michael and Barbara Coyne (Lacey). The address’ given for the 1851 search were Cartoorbeg, Cloon, Gooreen, Gorcenatinny and Sturrakeen. All in the Parish of Omey, in the Barony of Ballynahinch, Co. Galway. The search was returned on 28th July 1916 with the words “Not Found”
Festus Walsh – Application No. C/20 10634. Ref. No. Cen S/11/439. The application was received on 4th Dec 1920 with an address at that time of Pollaugh, Keel, Westport. Festus’ parents were Tom and Bridget Walsh or Welsh (Pole). The address’ given for the 1851 search were Cartoorbeg, Cloon, Gooreen, Gorcenatinny and Sturrakeen. All in the Parish of Omey, in the Barony of Ballynahinch, Co. Galway. The search was returned on the 4th Dec 1920 with the words “Thos and Biddy Walsh married 1836.No return of Festus”
Plot 1: Walter F. Bodkin leased offices and 78 acres, 1 rood and 17 perches of land from the Directors of the Law Life Assurance Company for which he paid £30 for the land and 5s for the offices.
There were also 16 acres and 28 perches of water in the townland.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Towerskehin & Loghanna. The 1641 owner (pre Cromwell) was the Catholic, Edmund O’Flaharty and in 1670 the owner was the Protestant, Thomas Cunny.