Civil Parish: Omey
Church Parish: Clifden
District Electoral Division: Sillerna
Area: 427.92 acres / 427 acres, 3 roods, 27 perches
1911 Census for Maw (no records)
1901 Census for Maw (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Maw (no records)
The Rev. Anthony Magee owned the land in this area, an area of 423 acres, 3 roods and 37 perches that had an annual ratable valuation of £6 10s. He leased a gate house on 1 acre of lnad to William Colles [sic] for 3s for the land and 5s for the gate house.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Muckerish. The 1641 owner (pre Cromwell) was the Protestant, Archbishop of Tuam and in 1670 (post Cromwell) the owner was the Catholic James Darcy. There were 150 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 28 plantation acres of profitable land and 28 plantation acres were forfeited.