- Potato water is a cure for a stone bruise.
- If one had a pain in one stomach heat a plate and put it on it.
- For a pain on ones back put on eel skin on it and it will go.
- A cure for a headache is to make a cup of strong tea and drink it and the headache will go.
- A cure for a wart is to throw a snail upon a bush and while it is withering your wart will also be withering. Another cure for it is to hid a bit of meat and tell no one where it is hid and when fourteen mornings are gone your wart will be also gone.
Collector: Delia Kennedy
Informant: Mrs Kennedy, Kilgeverin
Footnote: Duchas, http://www.duchas.ie