Civil Parish: Moyrus
Church Parish: Carna
District Electoral Division: Skannive
Area: 862.34 acres / 862 acres, 1 rood, 14 perches
Baptism and Marriage records for Carna R.C. Parish 1821-1881
1911 Census for Beagha (no records)
1901 Census for Beagha (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Beagha (no records)
NUI Galway Digital Collections for Beagha
Griffith’s Valuation (1847-1864) for Beagha
Nicholas Lynch owned 835 acres, 1 rood and 4 perches of land (mountain) in Beagha which had an annual ratable valuation of £5 5s. There were also 12 acres and 22 perches of water in the townland.
The Down Survey name for this area was Begagh. The 1641 owners were Rory O’Flaherty and Jeffry Martin, both Catholic and in 1670 the owner was Sir Thomas Meredith, a Protestant. There were 46 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 2 plantation acres of profitable land and 2 plantation acres were forfeited.
Add a comment about this page