Civil Parish: Moyrus
Church Parish: Roundstone
District Electoral Division: Bencorr
Area: 1567.44 acres / 1567 acres, 1 rood, 30 perches
1911 Census for Tievebreen (no records)
1901 Census for Tievebreen (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Tievebreen (no records)
NUI Galway Digital Collections for Tievebreen (no records)
According to the Griffith’s Valuatuion (1847-1864) the Directors of the Law Life Assurance Co. had 1561 acres, 2 roods and 31 perches of mountain land in the townland and there was an annual ratable valuation of £6 10s on it.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Slewkiroggy. The 1641 owners were Thomas McRedmund Joyce and Murragh McDow Flaharty, both were Catholics and in 1670 the owners were The College of Dublin, Maurice Thompson, both Protestant and Richard Martin, a Catholic.