Author: Roger Harrison / Forum Connemara
Townland: Tullaghlumman More
Civil Parish: Moyrus
Church Parish: Roundstone
District Electoral Division: Derrycunlagh
Area: 789.12 acres / 789 acres, 0 roods, 19 perches
1911 Census for Tullaghlumman More (no records)
1901 Census for Tullaghlumman More (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Tullaghlumman More (no records)
NUI Galway Digital Collections for Tullaghlumman More (no records)
John Cowey (sic) leased 475 acres and 9 perches of land from The Directors of the Law Life Assurance Company for £2 10s. There were also 312 acres, 1 rood and 22 perches of water in the townland.
The 1670 Down Survey name for the area was Slewkiroggy. The 1641 owners were Thomas McRedmund Joyce and Murrogh McDow O’Flaharty, both Catholics and in 1670 and in 1670 the owners were The college of Dublin and Maurice Thompson, both Protestant and the Catholic, Richard Martin.