Civil Parish: Moyrus
Church Parish: Roundstone
District Electoral Division: Bencorr
Area: 568.57 acres / 568 acres, 2 roods, 10 perches
1911 Census for Killeen (no records)
1901 Census for Killeen (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Killeen (no records)
Logainm for Killeen (no records)
NUI Galway Digital Collections for Killeen (no records)
According to Griffith’s valuation (1847-1864) the townland of Killeen was owned by the Directors of the Law, Life Assurance Co. There were 298 acres and 38 perches of land that had an annual ratable valuation of £33 10s. In addition to the land, there were also 131 acres and 36 perches of water.
The 1670 Down Survey names for this area were Crosterore, Knockanegogh, Killine and Knocknegurveele. The 1641 owner was Murragh O’Flaharty, a Catholic and the 1670 owners were Richard Martin, a Catholic and Sir Thomas Meredith, a Protestant. There were 677 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 93 plantation acres of profitable land and 93 plantation acres were forfeited.