Civil Parish: Moyrus
Church Parish: Carna
District Electoral Division: Owengowla
Area: 1069.91 acres / 1069 acres, 3 roods, 25 perches
Baptism and Marriage records for Carna R.C. Parish 1821-1881
1911 Census for Loughawee
1901 Census for Loughawee (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Loughawee (no records)
NUI Galway Digital Collections for Loughawee
Griffith’s Valuation (1847-1864) for Loughawee
According to the Griffiths Valuation (1847-1864), Nicholas Lynch owned land in Loughwee. Nicholas Lynch rented 1,045 Acres and 29 Perches of land to John J. Strutzer. For this land, he paid £6 annually. There were also 55 Acres, 3 Roods and 7 Perches of water.
1670 Down Survey for Loughawee
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Slewkiroggy. The 1641 owners were Thomas McRedmund Joyce and Murrogh McDow Flaharty, both Catholics and the 1670 owners were The College of Dublin and Maurice Thompson, both Protestant and Richard Martin, a catholic.
Add a comment about this page