An Dúinín

Roger Harrison / Forum Connemara


Townland:                                 Dooneen

Civil Parish:                               Ballynakill

Barony:                                      Ballynahinch

Church Parish:                          Letterfrack

District Electoral Division:     Ballynakill

Area:                                       29.10 acres / 29 acres, 0 roods, 16 perches



Baptism and Marriage records for Letterfrack R.C. Parish 1821-1886

1911 Census for Dooneen (no records)

1901 Census for Dooneen (no records)

Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Dooneen (no records)


Galway Library for Dooneen

Logainm for Dooneen

NUI Galway Digital Collections for Dooneen

Name Books for Ballynakill

West Connemara men who lost their lives in WWI (Clifden and Connemara Heritage Society)


Griffith’s Valuation (1847-1864) for Dooneen

The Griffith’s Valuation (1847-1964) records that Thomas Y. Prior leased 16 Acres, 2 Roods and 23 Perches of land from Robert Graham for which he paid an annual ratable valuation of £8.



1670 Down Survey for Dooneen

The 1670 Down Survey names for this area were Keilemore, Glancarbdemore, Gortnefunshine, Rossynelee, Shanaharaghane. The 1641 owner was Edmund O’Flaharty, a Catholic and the 1670 owner was James Darcy, also a Catholic. There were 2409 plantation acres of unprofitable land, 214 plantation acres of profitable land and 214 plantation acres were forfeited.

This page was added on 17/07/2018.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.