Civil Parish: Ballynakill
Church Parish: Letterfrack
District Electoral Division: Ballynakill
Area: 123.23 acres / 123 acres, 0 roods, 36 perches
1911 Census for Tievegarriff (no records)
1901 Census for Tievegarriff (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Tievegarriff (no records)
Robert Graham owned most of the land in this area and leased tenements to a number of people. Thomas and Martin Rowan jointly leased an area of 13 Acres, 2 Roods and 3 Perches from Robert Graham which included houses and offices and they paid £1 15s for the land and 10s for the buildings. Patrick King leased an area of 8 Acres, 3 Roods and 22 Perches which included a house. He paid an annual rate of £2 10s for the land and 10s for the house. Peter Conneely and Martin Keane jointly leased an area of 6 Acres and 36 Perches which contained a house. Each of the paid £1 5s for their respective share of the land and Peter paid 5s for the house. Gregory Conneely leased a house on 5 Acres, 3 Roods and 13 perches of land. He paid an annual rate of £2 for the land and 10s for the house. Myles Burke leased 4 Acres, 2 Roods and 14 Perches of land that contained a house from Robert Graham for which he paid £1 2s for the land and 8s for the house. He then sub leased the house to Mary Adams for 5s annually. Bridget Conneely and Thomas and Martin Rowan jointly leased an area of 6 Acres and 9 Perches. Bridget paid 17s for the land and 8s for a house on that land while Thomas and Martin paid 8s each for their share of the land. William Staunton and Lawrence Heany leased 5 Acres, 2 Roods and 37 Perches of land which contained 2 houses. They each paid 17s for the land and 5s for the houses. Richard Davis and John Coyne jointly leased and area of 8 Acres and 18 Perches of land that contained houses. They each paid an annual rate of £1 5s for the land and 10s for the houses. Michael Mongan leased 6 Acres 3 Roods and 13 Perches of land containing a house. He paid £1 12s for the land and 8s for the house. Thomas Gannon leased 11 Acres, 3 Roods and 14 Perches of land containing a house. He paid £3 for the land and 10s for the house. The tenants of the townland also had 41 Acres, 1 Rood and 19 Perches of mountain land that had an annual ratable valuation of £2 10s. In addition there was 1 island with an area of 3 Roods and 32 Perches that was of no agricultural value.
The 1670 Down Survey name for this area was Glancrawe. The 1641 owner was the Catholic Edmund O’Flaharty and the 1670 owner was the protestant Sir Thomas Meredith.