Civil Parish: Ballynakill
Church Parish: Letterfrack
District Electoral Division: Ballynakill
Area: 106.47 acres / 106 acres, 1 rood, 35 perches
1911 Census for Maumfin (no records)
1901 Census for Maumfin (no records)
Old Pension Census (1841-1851) for Maumfin (no records)
According to the Griffith’s Valuation (1847-1864) Robert Graham leased 2 tenements to James Beresford and Thomas Y. Prior. James Beresford leased 34 Acres, 1 Rood and 35 Perches of land at a rate of £9 annually. Thomas Y. Prior leased 72 Acres, 3 Roods and 30 Perches of land at an annual rate of £19.
The name for this area in the 1670 Down Survey was Mamffin and Ardkell. In 1641 the owner was Edmund O’Flaharty, a Catholic and in 1670 the owner was the Catholic Richard, earl of Westmeath. There were 154 plantation acres of unprofitable land and 74 plantation acres of profitable land. 74 plantation acres were forfeited.