GLENAMADDY

Detached House
National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
St. Patrick's Church
National Inventory of Architectural Heritage

Glenamaddy

Gleann na Madadh (Gaeilge)

Glenamaddy also: Glennamaddy (English)

meaning of Irish place name:

glean– glen

Historical description:

Gazetteer of Ireland, Vo. II, 1843-44. P. 262.

GLENNAMADDY, a village in Boyounagh parish, 17 miles south-west from Ballymoe station on the Mayo branch of the Midland Great Western railway, barony of Ballymoe, co. Galway, the head of union and dispensary district, protestant and Catholic diocese of Tuam. The Protestant church is at Kilkerrin and the Catholic church at Boyounagh. The area comprises 60 acres; the population in 1891 was  141.

LINKS

Place name:

http://www.logainm.ie/

Genealogy:

The Tithe Applotment Books Glenamaddy

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/Glenamaddy

History:

http://www.duchas.ie

http://www.duchas.ie

http://www.duchas.ie

Heritage:

http://www.buildingsofireland.ie

Graveyards:

http://gccapps.galwaycoco.ie

Social:

http://www.glenamaddy.com

 

 

This page was added on 22/02/2015.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone