Cill Íomair (Gaeilge)
meaning of Irish place name:
Gazetteer of Ireland, 1843-44, Vol. III, p. 478
KILLIMORE-BOLLOGE, a parish on the west side of the barony of Longford, 5 miles north-north-west of Portumna, co. Galway, Connaught. Length, 4 miles; breadth, 3 ½; area, 9,220 acres, 16 perches. Pop., in 1831, 4,284; in 1841, 4,140. Houses 702. The land is in general of second-rate quality. The Arduttagh stream, which drains the surface and ruins southward thence to Lough derg, is sometimes called the Killimore. The road from Banagher and Eyrecourt to Loughrea passes through the interior; and is overlooked by Hearnsbrook and Ramore, the demesnes of respectively Mr. Kirkaldy stands nearly in the centre of the parsh. Area, 10 acres. Pop., in 1841, 431. Houses 85. Fairs are held on Jan.1, March 17, June, Sept. 29, and Nov.22.-This parish is a vicarage, and part of the benefice of DONONAUGHTA [wich see], in the dio. of Clonfert. The vicarial tithes are compounded for £110 15s.4 ½ d.; and the rectorial for £83 1s. 6 ½ d.; and the latter are appropriated to the diocesan. The Roman Catholic chapel has an attendance of 1,900; and in the Roman Catholic parochial arrangement, is united to the chapel of Tyneraseragh. In 1834, the protestants amounted to 78, and the Roman Catholics to 4,213; and 3 pay daily schools had on their books 141 boys and 63 girls.